Monday, February 9, 2009

a little wee play

This is the first of many wee play quilts for me!!:) I had a lady ask me if she could buy another baby quilt from me this time for a boy and it was fun to use this fabulous fabric. It's just squares but I sure do love it! I thought about putting some cream in there to break it up but I LOVE color and boldness as you can probably tell by my other quilts!
The back is just chambray. (which I LOVE) I got a bolt of it at mill end for 1.19 a yard. The lady said "There are more than 14 yards here but I haven't been here for a few day so lets call it 14 yards!! " Yahoo!!! I LOVE deals like that. They were moving locations so I think they just wanted to get rid of stuff and I am more than happy to take it off their hands.:) Have a GREAT day!

11 comments:

  1. i love "just squares"! cute, cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'just squares' are my favorite quilts to make. I am planning a retro- western- type quilt with randomly placed squares. And another Irish Chain quilt. Never underestimate the pleasure of the square! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love how you've spread the saturated colors out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is beautiful...i just ordered and received some more wee play charm packs for myself. you give me great inspiration. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little quilt! I just love bargains like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt turned out really well. And I love the close up of the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it turned out fabulously!!! i LOVE it! the chambray on the back is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE it! The colours are so fun and vintage looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it turned out so lovely!! i love the wee play fabrics too. i have a bunch and they are on my quilting to do list, though i have many on my to do list. :) it's just what to do first, and then finishing the ones i've started.

    ReplyDelete