Monday, July 13, 2009

new quilt top

Can I just say that it feels so very good to start new quilts. I used straight from my stash which is GREAT and helps the stash to go down some. Also this is for a friend whos birthday is the 23rd of this month. Nothing like a deadline to get you going! I'm going to have to get something for the back I think. I'm going to see what I can come up with but I have bulk of pinks, and greens and maybe some blues but no reds, browns, or creams.
This is a favorite square of mine. I really like how this quilt top turned out. I just hope Marilyn will. She has been such a good friend! I've know her since 6th grade. Good times, good times!:)
Hope you have a great day and are having a good summer. I can't believe it's half over. Wow time is flying.

10 comments:

  1. What a great quilt. I love the colors. I don't have many reds in my stash, however a couple weeks ago decided to start collecting them. I'm sure your friend is going to love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I really was hopping I was the friend with the birthday on the 23rd who you were giving this too. (just kidding) Red, White and Black always looks so stunning together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks really great. What a awesome friend you are. great color

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing, I am having such a hard time getting into my sewing room :o(
    Lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love reds and browns together. They make me so happy and warm. Gorgeous quilt and lucky friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog.. I absolutely love your style and the colours you put together. Your new favorite quilt....it's mine too. I had to come back here to just comment. I'll be back as Arnie would say..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I just came from Jodi's blog, how did I ever miss such a wonderful place, I am now a followere and love you blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a nice friend:) This quilt turned out really well, love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and can't wait to look back at all your posts. Thanks for all the sharing and inspiration. When you get a chance stop on over.:)
    http://rosebudquilting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete