Monday, February 14, 2011

all flannel

i am so glad that i tried a flannel quilt. it was WAY easier than i thought it would be. i stippled this quilt and i don't have any puckers. i'm not saying that to pat myself on the back as much as i'm surprised. i thought for SURE that it would be stretching and pulling and bunching. not so! i am so pleasantly surprised i would use flannel again. :) it is warm and snuggly.

the front, back and binding are all flannel. the back is what i had - and then some. i used some of my scraps to fill in a little section that needed filled in.


i just LOVE all these polka dots!! so fun!! this quilt is from twin fibers. their style is fun! we are starting to warm up this week so that's nice. hope it's nice by you! have a great day!!!

6 comments:

  1. i think polka dots make every quilt!!!! this looks fantastic...i wish i had a snuggly blanket like this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful and I am glad that it stippled easily....makes for a good sewing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this quilt a lot, and I'm encouraged by what I've read here. I actually cut out a flannel quilt at the first of the year and ended up setting it aside. Many of my flannels were plaids, and they stretched horribly when I rotary cut so they look wonky to me. I should just go ahead and sew it together to see if it is less noticable than I fear it will be. These things have a way of working out. :) Like you, I was drawn to the softness and wanted a cuddler. I tend to be too much of a perfectionist sometimes. I should just go with it and see what happens. I might end up with a yummy, finished flannel quilt and then I could stop being jealous of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!
    The pattern is from Twin Fibers???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quilt a lot with flannel-I love how soft it is for quilts. I do notice I have to change my needle more often though. I love the colors in your quilt-very cute.

    ReplyDelete