Sunday, February 7, 2010

while i've been working

i have still been able to finish some things up and start some new things. this is a red and aqua quilt for my niece jessica. i told her i would make it for her months ago and i finally finished it. hope she liked it!
i pieced the back together with what i have so not to buy any fabric that i don't need!! :) i guess i'm going to use those cherries till the very last little bit!

the binding is also fabric that i've had for quite awhile. brought yards and yards of it but am now using it so that's good.
i know i wasn't going to show sneek peeks but oh well. this is all from scraps and i got the idea from amanda. she used different colors i stayed in the same color because i have someone in mind for this quilt called lemon drops. :) very fresh and clean!!! i really like it!

and here are a couple bags i made for a couple ladies i've been working with. they happened to comment on a bag of mine so i made them one. they are a little older and were SOOOOO sweet about getting a bag. it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun to GIVE!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

same bag different colors. i hope you all have a FANTASTIC day and i will be back here fairly soon!!! blessings!!! :)

12 comments:

  1. You have been busy! The red and aqua looks great! And I love those lemon drops :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job!! I love the red & aqua quilt!! Tell ole' Amanda Jean 'hi' for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look great. i love your lemon drops quilt...it is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your red & aqua quilt. Isn't it nice when you have binding fabric already and don't have to make a dash to the store to buy it. I usually end up putting on binding in the evening and so I always try to buy extra to have on hand. Some times when I am really ambitious I'll cut and sew my binding strips together as soon as the quilt top is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lemon drop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that lemon drops quilt! can't wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a fun show and tell. Really liked the piecing you did on the back of your niece's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I`m I-N-L-O-V-E with the lemon trops quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lemon Drop and Red/Turquoise are little beauties! Lucky friends that now have new bags!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so nice to see you back....... i missed your blog...

    it sure IS nice to give!!!!!!

    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aqua and red...always a good choice. I really like the Lemon Drop quilt too. Great way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog and am happy that I did! Your quilts are great! I especially love the aqua and blue one. You are so kind to make them all to give away to friends!

    ReplyDelete