Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mountain Baby Blankets

I thought I should make a baby boy quilt too. I think I'm calling this one lillypads. My boys kept saying it looked like water because of all the blue but to me the green stood out. This was a fun and quick quilt to do. This also was made out of scraps. I even pieced the batting!:) Not my favorite thing to do, but not bad.:)
The back is all green and then I used a yellow checked for the binding. I see why it's so hard for me to make smaller quilts. I loved the blue and green together and thought about making it bigger but challenged myself to stick to the pattern. I did it!! I was very happy about that.

But I can see a bigger version of this in my future. Although, I have a blue and green flea market fancy quilt in the works. Hope you have a fantastic day!!

14 comments:

  1. Those colors go together so well. Lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is fantastic! Great choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one looks so great...i love how pretty the colors are. you work fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous quilt. I love the blues and greens in it. Some baby and mama will be happy to get this beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You work so fast, and this quilt looks so great!! And you will give it to someone who need it!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how fast you crank this stuff out girl! Lilypads is great - love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors and the pattern seems so easy. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! The colors are great together! I need to make one for my 7 year old son and I think he would love these colors. Your boys are right, it reminds me of water too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this one Heather....it'll make some little guy's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a cute quilt!!! the yellow binding is a great finishing touch, i think. good for you for sticking to the pattern! woo-hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blue and green together! I am making a whirlygiggle right now that is just blue and green (and white, of course). I love how this one turned out. I used to make all my quilts big, because, you know, bigger is better. Then I decided to make smaller ones, so I went through a lap quilt phase. Now my husband is complaining that none of the quilts fit anybody's bed. It's time to go big again, I guess. LOL. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pattern I used was buzzing bumble bees from the book/magazine called baby quilts with love. It was fun and easy.

    ReplyDelete