Tuesday, July 20, 2010

oliver's quilt

i just finished my other nephews quilt. i quite like it!!! i had stamp fabric that was the reason for this quilt.
the backing i used was something my mom gave me that my sister like so that worked out nicely. it's a black and blue ticking.

just used a solid blue for the binding and washed it up and will give it to him this week.

i don't know if you can tell the color of this wall but this is going to be my sewing room in my new house. it's called rainwater. (martha stewart) i LOVE it!!!!!! very soothing. our house is coming along nicely. all the painting that i can do for now is done!! it feels GOOD!!! we leave for ohio on friday and i CAN'T WAIT!!!! fabric shack here i come!!! i won't have to think about the house for two weeks!!! :) i just finished my second quilt to bind in the car. a queen size and twin size. one is my son's and one is a wedding gift for when i get back. lots going on!! it's all good. hope you are doing well!!:)

9 comments:

  1. Love the new color - and hurray for a break from new house prep! Have a great time at the fabric shack (I have an online order ready for them).

    The way you blended the different fabrics through the triangles is so cool. Fantastic quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this quilt is beautiful...i love how all the colors look together and your quilting really makes it all stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the quilt is beautiful and I really like that paint color! I bet you're excited about a new sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your quilt and the colors are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt and the colors of your room! Now I want to paint mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love the design, very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is beautiful...lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the colors... and where you placed them!

    ReplyDelete