Wednesday, April 15, 2009

spring magic

I am LOVING this quilt top. This is the moda spring magic that I got from my swell quilt top trade.
I LOVE how busy this quilt is too.

I even have the backing for this quilt. Very exciting for me seeing I'm going to do my best not to buy fabric until August when I go back to the Fabric Shack. I think I'm already shaking but I have so much fabric I've just got to use some of it before I don't like it any more. That would be very sad. It's a sort of fun challenge to me because I've never done it before. I really need to show a little self control!:)


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the combo of all of the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather I'm with you! I need to work on my fabric stash as well. It is so hard "not" to buy fabric when all of the beauty is before you... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt! The colors are fabulous, great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome....I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm planning to not buy anymore fabric until august as well. good luck! it's tough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!! With the pattern of the fabric, it is busy, but the simplicity of the quilt block tones it down - it is perfect! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty qult and I love the backing too. I am trying some self control too and not buy any new fabric but it is very hard to do! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are divine. I think the pattern is simple, but draws out the designs wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. no fabric until august??? that is a long time. more power to you! that quilt looks great. i like the busyness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so pretty! Having a simple pattern really brings out all the beautiful colors. I am trying to not buy fabric either. It is so hard!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. the quilt top is gorgeous! and good for you for using what you have. i'm here to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patchwork and quilting ! we all throw self control to the wind , if you don,t keep buying you will find yourself stuck for that special colour when you read the next quilting mag,. cottonreel

    ReplyDelete