Sunday, February 24, 2013

Can you tell....

 i MUST be thinking spring.  i've been making these very BRIGHT quilts. :)  I haven't been able to figure out how to get pictures on the new blogger and because of these quilts i wanted to figure it out!!  and i had an upload button again so here we are.  this star quilt is the start of my scrap frenzy.  it's all scraps!!  i started this quilt probably 3 years ago.  it was going in a different direction and then i had the idea to use my scraps and i love that only two maybe three of my stars did i double because i didn't want to waste some of the stars i started with. 


this quilt is the one amandajean gave a class on in town here and this is my spin on it.  i have always wanted to try a ticker tape quilt BUT if you know me at all my motto is go big or go home. :)  not a good motto with ticker tape!! :)  so i decided to put them together and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.  this really is my new favorite quilt.  it was so fun playing around with the scraps to see how i wanted the blocks.  scrap theropy as amanda calls it!!! :)  so true!

 here are a couple of the blocks up close.  the top one i made a quilt like that one time.  it was fun to do that again.  the bottom one is what i would think of as true ticker tape.
 i also like the log cabin look for ticker tape.  i would call it raw edged.
 this is the back.  i did use some flannel on the back.  flannel is my new favorite to work with.  plus it is so nice and warm and soft to the touch.  my boys LOVE it! :)

 my sons third grade teacher is having some health issues to i'm working on this for her.  i saw this on someones blog and fell in love with it.  it's a 36 patch but when its held like this it has the affects of my string quilt.  the kaleidoscope affect.  SO fun.
wow it was nice to get some of this out here again.  i've missed blog land. :)  i don't know how to correct the blue writing so i just want you to know that therapy is spelled wrong. :);)

5 comments:

  1. I wondered where you had been?? Nice quilt...love the scrappy trip along in the last photo! I had problems uploading in blogger as well...no upload button. So I switched from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome and then the button returned! Why it left is a mystery to me....nice to see blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this paragraph i thought i
    could also make comment due to this sensible
    piece of writing.

    Take a look at my site ... "Hesychast"
    My site > www.tasone.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,
    I love the ticker tape blocks. And congrats on finishing the star quilt. The colors are very springy. The quilt for your son's teacher is also gorgeous! I love the colors you use in your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice post
    two thumb up for you ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank's for your information and i like your post two thumb up for you

    ReplyDelete